Accounts Payable Associate
Who We Are:
With offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston and Sarasota, Aristotle is a family of employee‐owned investment management firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies. Aristotle attracts and retains talented investment professionals through a culture focused on research, investment management and client success.
Aristotle’s experienced corporate leadership team oversees a centralized support infrastructure to ensure that our distinct teams of investment professionals can focus on what they do best—adding value to client portfolios. The company’s support infrastructure includes shared services such as finance, compliance, trading, operations, client communication, marketing, and distribution.
Please visit www.aristotlecap.com for more information on our firm.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join our team. This individual should be highly motivated, proactive and a master of details who can also understand the bigger picture. Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an understanding of accounting principles and industry-specific company practices, the Associate will perform routine accounting activities, will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information and will assist with maintaining quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should understand general accounting principles. The candidate should also be able to multi-task and meet a constant stream of deadlines. From time-to-time, there may be special projects with the goal of maximizing resources, streamlining processes and improving efficiency within the accounting department and our growing organization. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can contribute beyond the listed responsibilities and be a dynamic member of the team and the firm.
What You Will Do:
- Process accounts payable and review invoices ensuring signatory authority, approval limits, and correct coding to the proper general ledger accounts.
- Ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedules.
- Onboard/offboard vendors and be responsible for all vendor inquiries and requests.
- Assist with vendor payments, travel and expense reimbursements, corporate credit card reconciliations, and international payments.
- Reconcile monthly individual corporate credit card statements and ensure all charges have adequate supporting documentation.
- Perform month-end accounts payable account reconciliations.
- Prepare all necessary AP-related schedules, reports, data retrievals in accordance with business needs.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents and ensuring proper supporting schedules.
- Implement and document procedures necessary to maintain and improve internal controls.
- Manage time effectively, multi-task, and work under tight deadlines.
- Perform general and ad hoc project support as required.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to grasp company financial policies and protocols.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, thorough and accurate.
- An innate desire to learn and drive to succeed.
- Superior analytical and strong problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong sense of ownership for work product.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with GAAP.
- Relevant system and computer skills required, including proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Accounting, Finance, Math, Business Administration or a related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of progressive general accounting and/or corporate finance experience preferred.
What We Have to Offer:
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401(K) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- A culture that values inclusivity
- Flexible Paid time off, including annual Employee Volunteer Day
- Life, Critical Illness, Disability, and Accidental Injury Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Various Company events throughout the year
- Employee Discount Program
We invite you to learn more about us at www.aristotlecap.com/careers/
Is Aristotle Right for You?
- At Aristotle, we stand by our core values.
- We place our clients’ interests first.
- We act with integrity.
- We achieve excellence through accountability and collaboration.
- We empower our employees.
- We are respectful.
- We value community.
Compensation Range: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00, plus discretionary bonus.
This is a hybrid role, preference is to be located within commuting distance of our Los Angeles, CA office.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are intelligent, enthusiastic, and curious, someone who will contribute to our expanding business. An ideal candidate would not limit their contribution to the provided job description but would help us surpass our goals by continually finding ways to improve themselves and the firm. If you would like the stability of a successful, established company and the growth opportunities of a dynamic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Note: The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion. No phone calls. No agencies or recruiters.
Aristotle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Aristotle will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC, Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC, and Aristotle Atlantic Partners, LLC are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment adviser separately registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about each adviser including the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in their ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.