Data Management Analyst
Who We Are:
With offices in Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston and Sarasota, Aristotle is a family of employee‐owned investment management firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies. Aristotle attracts and retains talented investment professionals through a culture focused on research, investment management and client success.
Aristotle’s experienced corporate leadership team oversees a centralized support infrastructure to ensure that our distinct teams of investment professionals can focus on what they do best—adding value to client portfolios. The company’s support infrastructure includes shared services such as finance, compliance, trading, operations, client communication, marketing, and distribution.
Please visit www.aristotlecap.com for more information on our firm.
We are currently seeking a Data Management Analyst to join our team. The Data Management team is looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about data and understands the importance data quality plays in an organization. This role will be a key contributor to our Data Management and Analytics team and will focus on setting up enterprise reference data such as securities, benchmarks, portfolios, and validating prices. The data management analyst will also be responsible for the data integrity of core domains and systems, including monitoring, resolving, and working with various business and technology stewards to address data issues.
What You Will Do:
- Setup, maintain and verify security, pricing, and benchmark data
- Develop, implement, and monitor beginning and end-of-day data exceptions using operational reports and SQL queries as needed
- Document team procedures and confirm they are kept up to date
- Act as a business owner for enterprise data including, but not limited to: Security Master Reference Data, Pricing and Benchmarks
- Monitor and validate security reference data is feeding in correctly from vendors (such as Bloomberg) to appropriate system(s) such as Charles River, Geneva or Bloomberg AIM, resolving errors as needed
- Develop subject matter expertise for enterprise data, including understanding system dependencies and data flows
- Assist with identifying and documenting root cause analysis; develop and implement necessary controls to prevent reoccurrence
- Help resolve daily pricing issues such as missing prices, price variances, price challenges with vendor and stale prices
- Interact with all market data vendors including Bloomberg, IDC, Charles River and FactSet
- Suggest new initiatives and process improvements based on data observations
- Interface with other departments such as operations, performance, marketing, compliance, trading, and investment management teams
- Work on other special projects, as directed by management
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar data management role
- Experience in the Investment Management industry
- Ability to set up financial instruments such as Equities, fixed income, options, and derivative securities using vendor data in multiple places such as accounting, OMS, and reporting systems
- Proficient in Bloomberg and API tool
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Investment Operations such as portfolio accounting, corporate actions, and trade settlements is a plus
- Proficient with any or all these systems: Geneva, CRD, Bloomberg AIM, FactSet, Power BI, Salesforce, JIRA, IHS Markit, and IDC
- Knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of master data management concepts
- Experience documenting business processes, business requirements, and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university
What We Have to Offer:
- Robust Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401(K) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- A culture that values inclusivity
- Flexible Paid time off, including annual Employee Volunteer Day
- Life, Critical Illness, Disability, and Accidental Injury Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Various Company events throughout the year
- Employee Discount Program
We invite you to learn more about us at www.aristotlecap.com/careers/
Is Aristotle Right for You?
- At Aristotle, we stand by our core values.
- We place our clients’ interests first.
- We act with integrity.
- We achieve excellence through accountability and collaboration.
- We empower our employees.
- We are respectful.
- We value community.
Compensation Range: $95,000.00 - $130,000.00, plus discretionary bonus.
This is a hybrid role, preference is to be located within commuting distance of our Los Angeles or Newport Beach office.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are intelligent, enthusiastic, and curious, someone who will contribute to our expanding business. An ideal candidate would not limit their contribution to the provided job description but would help us surpass our goals by continually finding ways to improve themselves and the firm. If you would like the stability of a successful, established company and the growth opportunities of a dynamic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Note: The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion. No phone calls. No agencies or recruiters.
Aristotle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Aristotle will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, Aristotle Credit Partners, LLC, Aristotle Capital Boston, LLC, and Aristotle Atlantic Partners, LLC are affiliated organizations. Each is an independent investment adviser separately registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. More information about each adviser including the investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in their ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.